- Pin your favorite notes
- Sort notes by publishing status in "All Notes".
- Support for capturing embeds from many more providers: Figma, Google Maps, Slideshare, SoundCloud, Spotify, Ted, Twitter, YouTube.
- Access to a tab's history when reopening a closed tab (only available on macOS 12).
- Proper right-click menu actions on the web.
- Remembering filters set on "All Notes" when switching to another view.
- Reloading offline tabs when reconnecting to the Internet.
- The Dock "Downloads" folder bounces when a download completes.
- Properly asks for system calendars access.
- Deleting a published note unpublishes it.
- Copying a tab's URL now shows the page title when pasted to your notes.
- Fix link issues in editor
Beta 0.9: Public Profile
Beam public profiles: publishing a note can be done via
- Secret link (default)
- On your beam public profile. (ex: visit beam profile.)
- Cmd+Enter on selected text on the web launches a search
- Apple calendar Support
- Better formatting of captured & pasted links
- Improve restoring closed tabs
- Update omnibox minimum size and offset
- "/" menu popover positionning in case of overflow
- Google search result with turkish encoding
- Fix empty google search history result showing up in omnibox
- Detach tab to create new window
- Paste url into text
- Support middle click on links and tabs
- Support for capturing SVGs
- Add cross-site tracking toggle in privacy preferences
- Hyperlink Editor tweaks
- Payment field detection heuristic improvement
- Translucency of Omnibox and Tab Bar
- Fix JS errors in autofill, prevent widgets from being displayed twice
- Fix opening of web views for supported local files
- Fix autocompleted text not properly reset after a search
- Credit card autofill UI fixes
- Credit card preferences UI fixes
- Fix signed in status lost on some websites
- Fix crash in protocol witness for WebPage.frame.getter in conformance BrowserTab
- Fix capture pop-up contains a card that doesn’t actually exist
- Doube clicking the tab bar minimize / maximize window size
Beta 0.7: Payments
- Payment preferences and autofill
- Opening urls shows existing tab with same url
- Autocomplete on Notes
- Improve history import
- Improve tab layout shift when jumping between tabs
- Improve Capture sharing of embeds and links
- Fix crash when closing a fullscreen tab
- BE-3646 Fix alias not detected for slow JS navigation
- Improve readability script
- Reliable capture of amazon images
- Retain paused media state
- Fix consecutive captures on LinkedIn
- Fix Tab title and icons are out of bounds for single tab in small window
- Refactor Swift async code into await
- Remove empty journal notes from the recents notes
- Fix Capture image from reddit
Beta 0.6: Incognito & Capture improvements
- Incognito mode
- ⌘-click in note to open link in background
- Friendlier password generator
- Copy and share in Capture pop-up
- Strikethrough shortcut: ⇧⌘E
- ⌥+backspace and ⌘+backspace shortcut
- Improve field classification heuristics for password manager
- Password manager key icon and menu overlap omnibox
- Fix omnibox focus stolen by webpage
- Delete calendar on sign out
- Fix help window position top on big sur
Beta 0.4: Journal and bullets
- New Journal design
- Drag and drop bullets
- Help section
- Import passwords
- Add new note button and shortcut (option Cmd N)
- Create note in omnibox
- Disable omnibox shake
- Center “other passwords” modal dialog on main window
- Disable backspace key navigation on WKWebView
- Calendar discovery improvements
- Animate Omnibox create note mode
- Change default window size
- Journal focus on today scrolling
- Fix all notes disappear when pressing it twice
- Fix long note title in all notes list
- Fix regression (password manager widgets overlap window title bar)
- Filter DOM mutation events for input fields so that only changes are sent to the native application
- Prevent password manager key icon from appearing on unexpected fields
- Fix links creation
- Fix frequency of calendar tooltip
- Pressing ⌥+S repeatedly should only save the page once
- Fixes multiple interaction of the omnibox in the journal
- Fix favicon not reseting for website without favicons
- Captured tweet gets saved multiple times
- Resizing the window make content in the journal jump
- Fix animation opening notes for the first time
Beam 0.3: Welcome tour and Capture
- Welcome Tour
- Improve Capture popup design
- Automatic creation of Todo
- Support for pasting images file
- Better support of PDF
- Improvement to Journal layout and animations
- Make omnibox show default result when clicking on clear button
- Improvement to Note frecency
- Update style for Single Tab
- Hidden copy/paste action and tooltip Shift Cmd C
- Prevent today’s note deletion
- Hide empty daily notes in All Notes
- Restore scroll position of note editor
- Flickering UI on ImageNode
- Support displaying blobs inline
- Fix crash when undoing text deletion
- Fix hidden bullet on placeholder node
- Downloader overlaps error popup
- Fix long note title in Note Switcher
- CALayer position contains NaN
- Omnibox default state actions
- Sound feedback when copying tab url
- Visual feedback when copying tab url
- Paste Images in BeamEditor
- Tooltips for Toolbar buttons
- Cmd+S capture support for a pdf page
- More precision on Adblocker
- Minimizing embed
- Download popup design update
- Cmd-D opens Omnibox if there’s no opened tabs
- Add show password button in onboarding login fields
- Make Google auth window big enough for the content
- Show download list in reverse chronological order
- Cannot move cursor right of a collapsed image using the mouse
- Download window is not resizing properly
- Fix toolbar tooltip overflow
- Beachballing on network reconnection
- Deleted note is still suggested when saving data
- Fix crash in mouseDragged over a link
- Fix scroll in download list
- Fix Omnibox search field not scrollable for long text
- Shoot area misplaced on youtube embed
Welcome to Beam 0.1
- beam is a new way to experience the Internet. A browser, a note-taking tool & a publishing platform.
- You can use it locally or use our end-to-end encrypted sync.
Web & Notes, unified!
- In beam, search includes both your notes and the web. If you ever took some notes on a topic, search will surface it.
Capture the web
- Hold ⌥ Option while browsing to capture any text, images or videos.
- You can also select text and press Option or save a whole page with Option-S.
- Taking notes is cool. Effortlessly seeing them connect over time with backlinks is cooler.
- To create a backlink, type @ or [[.
In & Out browser
- Publishing your notes is as simple as browsing the web. Get your thoughts out there at the press of a button.
+ all you expect from a browser
- Password manager
- Ad blocker
- Calendar integration
- Markdown support
- Light / Dark mode
- End-to-end encryption
3 key shortcuts
- ⌘T to search the web or your notes
- ⌘D to toggle between Web and Notes
- Hold ⌥ (option) to capture content on the web
- There are many more handy shortcuts to be found in the help menu.